Tuesday, April 3, 2012

入学式 (Opening Ceremony)

I was planning to go with the " I will blog for sure tomorrow" line but realized my readers will flip le troll table if i keep on doing that since i dont have any valid 'excuse' anymore. Other than being overly exhausted......


 Today was the Opening Ceremony to welcome the 600 or so SILS students to the university. >_>" Well, i wasnt really listening because im never good at paying attention to speeches but it only lasted like 30 mins, the whole ceremony was 1 hr due to some circle (club) was performing/singing.

Okuma Auditorm :3


Man i think im too tired i dont know what to write.
Normally, during these kind of ceremonies, the guys go in suits and the ladies go in this officelike clothing - well formal clothing. But if you want, you can wear a kimono. If you have one... and i was 100% sure no one else would wear one.....And i was right. Though.............. Mine was really last minute. I didnt know I had to tell my host mother like a few days to get the kimono prepared.... like she suggested and said that she will lend me her kimono to wear during the ceremony ... so i just assumed.........that she will lend me. And it turns out that her kimono was at her mother's house....And it was too late to get everything ready, when i told her i want to wear it the night before. But because my disappointment was clearly written all over my face, she called her mother and  T_____T waza waza to prepare all for me.............I felt terrible but happy of course at the same time.
So i had to wake up at 6 today and walked over to obaachan's house to wear the kimono. Because i was apparently too "thin" they couldnt wrap the obi properly and so it took like an hour to get everything done including the hair arrangement.

Thank you so much Emi san T___T and Obaasan

KIMONO IS BEAUTIFUL! Of course. But wearing it really......most japanese girls dont really like wearing kimono for too long because its really really......hard to wear... The zori (sandles) were too small for me; so i couldnt walked properly and it hurts my feets. But still i wore it the whole day. Yeah .....- -''' HAHA but it was worth it though - everyone really liked my kimono and i really stand out in the sea of black.
Yeah I closed my eyes then. Or do i just naturally have small eyes.....?
My dachi Nazz- from Brunei.

My friends at uni only wore it for like 6 hours or so......and my host sister said she definately cant be like me, wearing it for the whole day (13 hours) ...her max was only 3 hours. Not only is it very very tight - hence you cant slouch for sure.....if you do, its very uncomfortable.....and you cant EAT at all. Trust me, if you do what i did you will regret it. That is i ignored my host mother's advice (well not really advice, more like she just told me whenever she wears kimono, she never eats at all.....)

Lunch with YouJung, Harupyon, Sae, Nazz :3 At QUEN~

I was too hungry and being the super greedy person i am and my obession with food. I had a whole rice bento set thingo (Chicken with rice actually) and after that my stomach wanted to explode...............It was terrible.

Vice President on the left, and President on the right :D & The girl is Haruka

Before lunch, we met up with the Niji No kai people :D And yes here we have our cute Harupyon~ And the hybrid babies loving Riku san =.= . And the decent caring President Sousuke. Argh - though his accent reminds me of someone from Melbourne that i prefer not to be reminded of. If you know his code name its cannon/radish. Was it radish? (YING what was it?)  If by any chance and God knows how, Riku san and Sousuke gets to this website. RIKU SAN YOU ARE COOL :P ccooougggggggggggh.. nah nah you really are super nice and...........yeah. and of course the president is just .....president like *nods*

OK NEXT.

Then i was unsure if i should join the ceremony's after party - another nomihodai. (Drinking party) But i was sure i wasnt able to drink anything or eat anything, so what for should i go?????? Im a cheap Asian. I will always try to eat as much as ive paid for ... wth my english is so not...coming out the way i want it to... Yeah i think my English skills are like impaired and they havent even been very good to start off with.
MMMMHMMM................ So i went anyway because Nazz wanted to go. ><" But as expected, only 2 small glass of beer and some food. since the obi was restricting my food intake - -  We had sat in the corner.... because we were late.. So everyone was there.....
Today it was the welcome freshman party. So it was all underaged drinkers.
Talking to the boys being the pedophile i am and then yes ...they turn out to be really boys (i.e kids).................When they told me they were 18. (They addressed me as Kuri san : LOOOOLLLL; then i had the face like "fkyeah; im a boss" -_- though it wasnt even that big of a deal; JULIA DIDN COME AHHHH) I was like...."W.T.H" Oh yeah man freshmens - - *facepalms* And the whole room of 50 people are all drinking. ROFLMAO JAPANESE PEOPLE sigh.


Today I helped promoted the Niji no Kai circle too. Me and Nazz found out the way how not to be attacked by those club people. THAT IS BE A PART OF A CLUB YOURSELF :) I dont know whether i am too awesome or because im wearing a kimono, people all took my flyers :3 Though i cant even explain the thing in Japanese >_> Im a fake. TEEHEE.

Kuri Pyon desu~~~~~

This was at Ueno station :)

4 comments: